We fight for the health, education and financial stability of everyone in Kitsap County.
People – Community – Results
- Peninsulas’ 2-1-1 referral service receives nearly 2000 calls per month from people simply looking for answers, when they have nowhere else to turn. We have also been assisting with Department of Health calls regarding COVID-19.
- Unity in Community COVID-19 relief fund in partnership with the Kitsap Community Foundation.
Kitsap Racial Equity and Empowerment Fund support for culturally relevant programs, services, and activities in Kitsap that are aimed at lessening the inequities caused or exacerbated by the COVID-19 crisis in or for communities of color, with an emphasis on the needs of the Black community.
- Child Care Scholarship Fund (new) Because a child’s neighborhood or family income shouldn’t restrict their access to high-quality education, we’ve created a Child Care Scholarship Fund.
- Empowering Youth Mentor Program (EYMP) is a community-based one-to-one mentoring program that matches volunteer mentors with mentees ages 8-21.
- Access to Baby & Child Dentistry (ABCD) Prevention Matters – Children, birth to 5 years of age with a Provider One card are eligible to participate.
- Volunteer Kitsap provides a wide variety of ways that you can help others and teach your children the value of volunteering and the importance of Living United.
- Kitsap Strong is a community initiative focused on addressing the “root causes” of the biggest challenges impacting our health, education, employment, and well-being.
- Graduate Strong is a community response designed to help students develop the capabilities, connections, and the credentials they need to flourish.
- YouthBuild programs provide pathways by unleashing the positive energy of low-income young people to rebuild their communities and their lives, breaking the cycle of poverty with a commitment to work, education, community and family.
- Homes for All multi-jurisdictional collaboration providing innovative leadership toward reducing homelessness and making it rare.
- Letter Carriers’ Food Drive by providing collection bags to over 220,000 households and marketing.
- Kids & Cops Voucher Program provides officers with $25 vouchers to give to youth as they see a need to help with clothing and school supplies.
- FamilyWize prescription discount program is a partnership that whether you’re insured or uninsured, you can use the discount card or app to save on your prescriptions at pharmacies nationwide.
Our collective impact is making a difference; our community makes it possible.
Categories: Family, Community, Civic Org.