I have the best job on the planet. This is why I came to Edward Jones instead of another Financial firm. We take care of our people. They are our families. I am honored to have my office here in Poulsbo with so many wonderful people.
Ted Jones–the son of Edward D. Jones Sr., founder of the financial-services firm that bears his name–wrote the following response when questioned “Why are you not interested in taking Edward Jones public and becoming a multi-billionaire?”
His rationale is a symbol of the company’s culture that still exists today.
- I am the richest man in America.
- I have a wife who loves me in spite of my faults.
- I have four dogs. Two love only me. One loves everybody. One loves no one, but still is very loyal and follows me everywhere I go on the farm.
- I have a horse I love to ride around the farm, and best of all she comes to me when I call her.
- I have too much to eat and a dry place to sleep.
- I enjoy my business.
- I love my farm and my home.
- I have a few close friends, and money has never been my God.
Edward “Ted” Jones
This is the man who inspires the established process that we follow every day. This quote hangs on my wall and everyday as I walk in it is a reminder of who I am, and who I want to be. This is Edward Jones.